Here's some reasons that might cause you to have engorgement:
1. You might be not feeding often enough. Often moms find that they are feeding often and but that might be the norm for the baby to take sufficient milk especially at the first few weeks.
2. Blocked milk ducts/ Restricted Flow: Try to massage the breasts prior to feeding and after feed.
3. Milk Supplement: The baby might not be hungry enough to drain the breastmilk
4. Irregular feeding time or restricted schedule: Irregular feeding time or restricted schedule might cause engorgement due to the time lapse for example, the baby is sleeping longer through the night suddenly or the mom can't express the milk on regular frequency
5. Poor latching or positioning of the baby: If the baby is not latched properly, the milk might not be fully removed