Whether it is a family’s first or their tenth baby, a doula provides a positive birth and postpartum experience. They nurture, support and offer expert guidance to families during pregnancy, birth and the early postpartum time. Research shows that women who engage a doula are:
• less likely to need Pitocin
• less likely to have a cesarean birth
• less likely to use any pain medication
• more likely to rate their childbirth experience positively
The doula's purpose is to help women have a safe, memorable, and empowering birthing experience. They will
• educate you and your partner on the birth experience
• ease physical tension and pain
• facilitate communication with your care provider
• provide partner support
• provide breastfeeding support
• Less anxiety
• More confidence
• Shorter labor
• Better pain management
• Comfort and reassurance
• Less postpartum depression
$1500 includes 2 private prenatal sessions (2hrs per session), birthing movement group workshop, birth and 1 postnatal visit in the hospital to check on the client and initiate the breastfeeding.
2 private prenatal sessions : getting to know you, discussion on various birthing options, birth choices, birth movements, types pain relief options, birth plan creation, what’s going to happen in the labour ward, hospital protocols, client’s choices and options, husband’s guides. The second session is to finalize on the birthplan and to practice and recap homework and where’s the baby’s position and what we need to do.
We strongly encourage the clients to also attend Inspire Mum & Baby’s antenatal workshops, birthing movement, breastfeeding and babycare.
Time & Duration
|Contact Inspire||2 hours per session||Private (Home Visit)||Register||NA|