Whether it is a family’s first or their tenth baby, a doula provides a positive birth and postpartum experience. They nurture, support and offer expert guidance to families during pregnancy, birth and the early postpartum time. Research shows that women who engage a doula are:
• less likely to need Pitocin
• less likely to have a cesarean birth
• less likely to use any pain medication
• more likely to rate their childbirth experience positively
The doula's purpose is to help women have a safe, memorable, and empowering birthing experience. They will
• educate you and your partner on the birth experience
• ease physical tension and pain
• facilitate communication with your care provider
• provide partner support
• provide breastfeeding support
• Less anxiety
• More confidence
• Shorter labor
• Better pain management
• Comfort and reassurance
• Less postpartum depression
$1000 * includes 1 private 2hr prenatal session, 1 1hr zoom session, birth and 1 postnatal visit in the hospital to check on the client and initiate the breastfeeding.
Private prenatal session: getting to know you, discussion on various birthing options, birth choices, types pain relief options, birth plan creation, what’s going to happen in the labour ward, hospital protocols, client’s choices and options, husband’s guides. The zoom session is to finalize on the birthplan and to recap discussion and what else to note.
* Only for those who have attended Inspire's antenatal workshop module 1 and 2.
Time & Duration